“Hophaus brings Munich to Melbourne with HOPTOBERFEST!”
Friday 16th September til Sunday 23rd October
Once more Melbourne will be showing off its love of festivals and its thriving German culture by hosting the third annual HOPTOBERFFEST at Hophaus in Southbank.
Special menus will be served throughout the Festival, as will some incredible biers that are being flown in especially from Bavaria, Germany.
We encourage you to dig out your Dirndl and Lederhosen and join us at this year’s festivities!!
Friday 16 September
- Our sneaky first Tapping of the Keg at 6pm, followed by some tunes from DJ German Haus
Saturday 17 September – The Official Opening Day of ‘Hoptoberfest’
- The traditional Tapping of the Keg from midday – FREE BIER while the keg lasts!
- Annual sausage eating competition with coveted ‘Lord of the Sausage’ title and prize up for grabs
– REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN! (more info/enquiries)
- Live German music and entertainment throughout the day and night
Saturday 24 September – Dachshund Races
The Running of the Wieners, aka ‘Teckelrennen 2016’ – Hophaus’ Annual Dachshund Race is being held from 11am in the Podium Courtyard, Southgate (more info/enquiries).
Tuesday 4 October – Weihenstephaner Degustation Dinner
This year’s guest Brew Master is flying in all the way from Germany to host this special event. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy an 8 course feast matched with a selection of our favourite biers.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL! (more info/enquiries)
Thursday 6 October – Ladies Love Bier Lunch
For ladies who love bier!
From 1 til 4pm our special guest Head Brewer (Jayne Lewis from Two Birds Brewing) will be joining you to talk all things beir whilst you indulge in some amazing food. This event will be casual and fun and BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL! (more info/enquiries)
Lots of fun entertainment throughout the Festival including:
- DJ’s on Friday nights & Tapping of the Keg
- Live German Music and Entertainment
- Schnitzel Eating Challenge – ALL DAY EVERY DAY
To avoid disappointment we suggest booking now for lunch or dinner and be part of
the biggest festival in the world.
Keep an eye on this page for more about our special Melbourne Oktoberfest ‘Hoptoberfest’ events!
Mid Level, Southgate Restaurant & Shopping Precinct
Open 7 days a week. 11am til late